Mainstream gets approval for offshore wind farm in Vietnam

Mainstream gets approval for offshore wind farm in Vietnam

16 Nov 2021

Mainstream Renewable Power has secured approval for the first 200MW of its 1.4GW Phu Cuong Soc Trang offshore wind project in Vietnam.

The firm stated that it had received a Decision on Investment and an Investment Registration Certification (IRC) from the provincial government for the first phase of the project.

Phu Cuong Soc Trang is expected to generate enough electricity to power over 1.6m households and reduce CO2 emissions by 1.8m tonnes per year. 

It is anticipated to reach a financial close in 2022, with the first power to commence as early as 2023. 

The Phu Cuong Soc Trang offshore wind farm is being developed as a joint venture between Mainstream and its Vietnamese partner, the Phu Cuong Group. 

The project will be developed in a multi-stage strategy, in which the first 200MW capacity will be delivered in the first stage and the remaining 1,200 MW will be delivered thereafter.

Mainstream owns 70% of the project, while Phu Cuong Group owns the remaining 30%. 

For more information, please visit EICDataStream.

Read more from Industry News
RWE wins concession for offshore wind project in Denmark
Read More
ABB to help decarbonise district heat supply in Denmark
Read More
Saudi Aramco awards contracts for Jafurah gas field development
Read More

Newsletter Sign Up

As a non-member, you can sign up for the EICOnline weekly bulletin free of charge. EIC Online delivers industry news direct to your mailbox. Subscribe here for the EIC’s free weekly newsletter.

First Name
Last Name
Company Name
Work Email
Job Title
Areas of Interest