Galp announces the start of production of Sépia Field

Galp announces the start of production of Sépia Field

25 Aug 2021

Galp has announced that the FPSO Carioca platform has begun production at the Sépia field in the pre-salt region of the Santos basin in Brazil. The oil platform is located about 200km off the coast of Rio de Janeiro, at a depth of 2,200 meters.

The unit, chartered from Modec, has a daily processing capacity of up to 180,000 barrels of oil and 6 MMcm of natural gas. It is the largest operating unit in the Santos Basin and has contributed to Galp's expected growth in production.

The project is expected to connect seven production wells and four injection wells. The offloading of the oil production will be carried out by shuttle tankers, while the gas production will be exported through the pre-salt gas pipelines.

Located in the Transfer of Rights and Concession area (BM-S-24), the shared accumulation of Sépia includes the Sépia and Sépia Leste fields Petrogal Brasil, a subsidiary of Galp, owns a 2.4% stake in the consortium, the remaining 97.6% is owned by Petrobras, who operates the project.

For more information, please visit EICDataStream.

Read more from Industry News
Africa Oil and partners submit FDP draft for Project Oil Kenya
Read More
Vysus Group announces new services for submarine cable installations
Read More
Grenergy signs PPA for its 150MW solar farm in Cuenca
Read More

Newsletter Sign Up

As a non-member, you can sign up for the EICOnline weekly bulletin free of charge. EIC Online delivers industry news direct to your mailbox. Subscribe here for the EIC’s free weekly newsletter.

First Name
Last Name
Company Name
Work Email
Job Title
Areas of Interest