Overseas Delegation to Iraq
05 Oct 2020, In Country
Open to: Register Interest
The EIC is delighted to be organising and managing a trade delegation to Iraq.
Across all sectors, UK companies are expanding their presence in Iraq. Oil and gas obviously represent a large share of opportunities in the 4th largest oil producer, with average oil production of 4.5 MMbbl/d in 2018. Upstream, Iraq is keen to develop flare gas and old or under developed fields. In 2017, Iraq flared 140 billion cubic metres of gas and wants to capture and use all flared gas as well as expand into greater petrochemicals production. There are a range of supply chain opportunities linked to drilling, pipelines, refineries, petrochemical plants, technology, and training. Downstream, Iraq is looking at petrochemical and refineries investments. Dating, poorly maintained, and under capacity power sector is also a highly critical sector with many needs. There are urgent requirements for mobile power systems for liberated areas and Basra, but also need for new builds, rehabilitation of exiting power stations, gas to power options, grid upgrades, improved transmission and distribution systems.
Benefits of joining this mission
- 10-12 pre-arranged group meetings with key EPC contractors and operators.
- Understanding of country's local content laws, current projects and more
- Meetings with key decision makers (i.e. Procurement/Supply Chain managers)
- Evening Reception at the British Embassy, where you can network with operators, EPC contractors, potential agents
- Logistical assistance from EIC Delegation manager and support/advice on markets from EIC sector analysts
To register your interest, please contact Natalia on the details below.