Sempra Infrastructure and partners agree to develop phase 2 of Cameron LNG

Sempra Infrastructure and partners agree to develop phase 2 of Cameron LNG

05 Apr 2022

Sempra Infrastructure has reached a heads of agreement (HoA) with affiliate partners TotalEnergies, Mitsui & Co., and Japan LNG Investment LLC for the development of a second phase for the Cameron LNG liquefaction plant in Hackberry, Louisiana.

This second phase will see the installation of a fourth LNG train with production capacity of up to 6.75Mtpa. Ramping up of production of three already operational trains is also planned with debottlenecking activities.

Sempra Infrastructure will hold a 50.2% stake in the production capacity of the fourth train. Under tolling agreements, 25% of debottlenecking capacity could be allocated to Sempra’s subsidiary, with the remaining 75% being shared between existing customers of phase 1.

Before reaching a final investment decision on Cameron’s phase 2, Sempra expects to sell long-term purchase agreements for the plant’s capacity.

Cameron LNG initially started its operations in August 2020, after a total investment of US$10bn.

For more information please visit EICDataStream.

Read more from Industry News
Falck and BlueFloat disclose plans for 975MW offshore wind farm in Italy
Read More
TotalEnergies and Hanwha Energy sign 15-year LNG supply agreement
Read More
CIP presents BrintØ hydrogen project in the North Sea
Read More

Newsletter Sign Up

As a non-member, you can sign up for the EICOnline weekly bulletin free of charge. EIC Online delivers industry news direct to your mailbox. Subscribe here for the EIC’s free weekly newsletter.

First Name
Last Name
Company Name
Work Email
Job Title
Areas of Interest